I made my first appearance in studio with The Bill…
The Federal Communications Commission (FCC) will showcase technologies that help curb distracted driving at a symposium today, Friday, April 19. The agency’s Consumer and Governmental Affairs Bureau is putting on the event as part of its ongoing campaign against distracted behind-the-wheel behavior.
The event is open to both the media and the public, so swing by the FCC’s Commission Meeting Room between 10:00 am and 1:00 pm. If your schedule is tight, then make sure to be there during the 11:00 am hour because there will be a few esteemed guests speaking to the group, including:
- Kris Monteith, Acting Chief, Consumer & Governmental Affairs Bureau (FCC)
- Julius Genachowski, Chairman, Federal Communications Commission (FCC)
- Deborah Hersman, Chairman, National Transportation Safety Board (NTSB)
The following organizations, many of whom run their own campaigns on driver distraction, will be present to share information and materials related to driver distraction:
- AAA Foundation
- Access2Communications, Inc.
- Aegis Mobility
- American Traffic Safety Services Association (ATSSA)
- Auto Alliance
- Cell Control
- DRIVE SMART VA
- Iconosys, Inc.
- Information Logistics
- Mobile Communication Technologies, LLC
- National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA)
- National Organization for Youth Safety (NOYS)
- National Safety Council (NSC)
- National Transportation Safety Board (NTSB)
- Rosco Vision Systems, Inc.